Rily Cares: Our Responsibility to People and the Planet
Everything we do makes an impact
- We all have a responsibility to clean up the footprints we leave behind. That’s why we’re proud of our responsible supply chain - working with suppliers and distributors that are socially responsible, and lightening our material footprint wherever we can.
- All of our books are now FSC accredited and use recycled materials.
- Our printers have reduced the plastic used on our novelty books - for example, PAW Patrol: Llyfr Magnet packages its magnets in cardboard instead of a plastic tray.
- Our Caerphilly office is powered by a ground source heat pump which helps us to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Because it’s really important to us that those who work in the print factories and supply chain have fair working conditions, we ensure that we source partners who share these values.
- We offer flexible working to our employees to allow them to build their working hours around their personal commitments.
- Rily is proud to be part of Empathy Lab and work as an Empathy Builder to proactively publish books that help children learn more about empathy and educate them to become kinder citizens.
- In 2022, Rily were the proud sponsors of the Caerphilly Castle Ladies & Girls under 9s football team, promoting the importance of equal opportunities for girls in the local sporting community.
- We have recently partnered with the Flourishing Communities Foundation, which supports the most vulnerable communities in Uganda and helps fight hunger, malnutrition, poverty and illiteracy. Through our sponsorship, Zaharah has been able to attend Ngando Secondary School in Butambala, Uganda.
- We are a sponsor of Sreepur Village in Bangladesh, which serves as a refuge and safe haven for single mothers and their children. Every year, the village provides approximately 500 single mothers and children with basic needs and a secure and loving environment; as well as education and healthcare services.